Apartments in Frankfurt
- Studentenwerk Frankfurt offers rooms for students of Frankfurt’s university and University of Applied Sciences in student dorms. If you are an international student, you have to apply to the international office. Every other regular student can register directly here. Don't forget to keep your application updated every month. Don´t hesitate to apply for several rooms at the same time! In general you can say that dorms are the cheapest but not the most comfortable ways of living.
- To find private rooms in shared apartments, you might want to check www.wg-gesucht.de and www.studentenwg.de. It is very common to e-mail the landlord or your future flat mates. Tell him/her a little about yourself to rise your chances of getting the room.
- If you are looking for your own apartment http://www.immobilienscout24.de and http://immobilien.faz.net/ could help you.
- You can also use Facebook to find a place to stay in Frankfurt. There are many groups on Facebook, for example this one.
Danger when looking for accomodation
- ... if the advertised rent is significantly below the average of the city.
- ... if additional to the cheap rental price, there is a great location, fully furnished and immediately available room.
- ... if you receive an email, generally written with bad grammar in which the scammer will not answer your questions.
- ... if visiting the flat is not possible, the alleged owner claims to send the key by mail and requests payment in advance.
- ... if you are asked to transfer money via money services such as Western Union, MoneyGram, TNT, Monneybookers, REMAX or to alleged agents of Airbnb or HomeAway.
Really important: never send personal information like yoour date of birth or a copy of your passport!
Please note: Even if one of the above points is not fulgilled, it can be a fraud. We as ESN are students who are happy to support you, but we cannot guarantee that there are no scammers in our facebook group.