- Erasmus+ students;
- Erasmus+ trainees;
- Erasmus+ International incoming students;
- International incoming students or trainees on a mobility programme, outside of Erasmus+;
- International undergraduate or postgraduate full degree students;
- EVS volunteers;
- ESNers: either active on Local, National or International level. They are all members of a section;
- Alumni: contact your ESN section and see if you are entitled to receive an ESNcard (this depends on the statutes of each section);
- Buddies: if there is an ESN section in your city, and you are part of a buddy programme, contact the local ESN section and see if you are entitled to recieve an ESNcard (this depends on the statutes of each ESN section). If you are not entitled, you can always become an ESNer.
If you are an ESNer, an Alumnus, or a Buddy and you are not in mobility, you can obtain your ESNcard from the local ESN section as long as you are volunteering for the organisation.
ATTENTION: The ESNcard is only sold to students coming to Frankfurt. Students from Frankfurt who make Erasmus abroad must purchase the ESNcard at the local section of the receiving city.
What do I need to get an ESNcard?
- a printed colour passport photo;
- your ID/passport;
- a document proving your mobility status (such as a Learning Agreement, Training Agreement, acceptance letter, etc.)
Where can I get the ESNcard?
I don't have an ESN sectionn in the city where I'm going.
You can try contacting your closest ESN section. However, due to legal requirements, obtaining an ESNcard in a different section not registered at your destination university is not always possible.
How do I register and activate my ESNcard?
ESNcard.org/register and activate your card by adding its number to the form. If you have had another ESNcard before, you can simply add the new ESNcard number to your user account.
Why is my ESNcard number invalid?
If you have received this notification, it is very possible that you are using ine of the old ESNcards that are noch longer valid. Please contact your local section and ask for replacing it with a new one. If your ESNcard is one of the new ones and you still have a problem registering it, please contact your ESN section directly. The problem might have been caused by an internal issue within the section.
How long is my ESNcard valid for?
The card is valid for 12 months from the date of acquisition. The acquisition date is written on the ESNcard by the section that distributes it to you.
I lost my ESNcard, what can I do?
You need to contact the ESN section which you are a member of, to see how you can get a new one. Once you have a new ESNcard, please fill in this form.
I brought my ESNcard during my exchange, is it valid in my home country?
The ESNcard is valid for 12 months from the date set in the front side. As long as your ESNcard has not expired, you can use it for all ESNcard discounts in Europe.
Further information about the ESNcard: https://esncard.org/faq